Combining tasteful aesthetics with tone-enhancing details, the 400 Series is Taylor’s popular class of workhorse rosewood guitars. The 414ce-R acoustic-electric Grand Auditorium features revolutionary V-Class bracing, which boosts volume evenly across the tonal spectrum, increases sustain, and improves the natural intonation of the instrument by creating a more synergistic response from the soundboard. This fosters a more harmonious relationship between the notes you play, helping chords to ring out in cohesive splendor. If you’re a guitarist who appreciates the robust lows and crisp highs of rosewood, you’ll relish how well-mannered the overtones are as your notes bloom. While your ears delight in its beautiful tone, your eyes will savor the 414ce-R’s refined appointments.
- Sitka spruce top; Indian rosewood back and sides
- Bracing: V-Class with Relief Rout
- Venetian cutaway
- White binding and edge treatment
- Tropical mahogany neck with satin finish
- West African ebony fingerboard with white binding
- Renaissance fingerboard inlay
- Headstock: Indian rosewood overlay, Renaissance inlay
- Black graphite nut, Micarta saddle
- Scale length: 25.5"
- West African ebony bridge pins
- Taylor nickel tuning machines
- Expression System 2 electronics
- Gloss top, side, and back finish